Tuesday, 10 May 2011
My Versatile Blogger Award
I'd like to thank Carol Bevitt (Carol's Corner) for awarding me a Versatile Blogger Award. I hadn't had the best of days, so when I checked my computer for the last time before going to bed last night, I found a message from Carol. What a lovely end to the day! I believe I must tell you seven things about myself that you don't know, before passing on the award to seven other people. Here goes!
1. I'd love to write a novel set in the Victorian times. I'm starting some research with a visit to Southwell Workhouse in Nottingham this Friday.
2. I've worked in Riyadh Military Hospital, Saudi Arabia. I looked after tiny poorly babies in the Special Care Baby Unit.
3. I don't usually blow my own trumpet, but I'm a dab-hand at painting and wallpapering!
4. My favourite holiday destination is Amalfi and Ravello on the Amalfi Coast in Italy. It is a magical place which I've visited with my husband several times.
5. My sister, Jennifer, lives in Los Angeles, California. She moved there as a nanny, twenty five years ago. She has settled there with her family and sadly I only see her every 3-5 years. Happily though - I'm visiting her this September!
6. When I was 13, I ran away from home to find Marc Bolan!
7. I'm on the committee of Nottingham Writers' Club, a member of Nottingham Writers' Studio and a member of The Walk Book Club.
I award the Versatile Blogger Award to,